So, how are you liking that new iPhone X ($1,149.00 at Apple)? If you're anything like me, you're digging the big screen and fancy camera -- and not digging certain other things.

Indeed, after a couple weeks with Apple's latest, I'm finding myself irritated at times -- in part due to Face ID issues, but also because of other hassles.

Let's take a look at the iPhone X's biggest annoyances and how you can work around them.

Face ID seems to be delayed

Actually, you might just be waiting a little longer than necessary. When you tap or raise the iPhone, or press the wake button on the side, you see a little padlock near the top of the screen. After your face is recognized, the lock opens -- which takes a second or two -- allowing you to swipe up and get to work.

But guess what? You don't have to wait until you see the padlock perform its little animated opening. In my experience, Face ID actually works faster than that, meaning you can swipe up almost immediately after the screen turns on. There may be a split-second delay while Face ID finishes, er, ID-ing, but it definitely eliminates that "padlock pause."

Face ID doesn't work when my phone is on a table

coofun-folding-qi-stand

Instead of putting your iPhone X flat on a table, set it on this folding charge pad -- which will make Face ID recognition a little easier (and charge your iPhone 6 Plus LCD screen ).

Coofun

Arguably the biggest Face ID-fail of all: You can't unlock your iPhone X when it's lying flat on a table -- not without swiping up and then waiting a few seconds for the passcode keypad to appear.

Otherwise, it leads to the inevitable "Face ID frown," which is where you lean awkwardly over the screen and frown at having to do so, thereby reducing the chance Face ID will accurately recognize your face.

If you spend most of your time at a desk, there's a pretty good fix for this problem, one that kills two birds with one stone: Get a Qi charging stand. Not a charging pad, mind you, which keeps your phone sitting flat, but a stand. That way you can position the phone so it's facing your face, and therefore much easier to unlock.

I also recommend a stand that folds, which is better for travel and gives you more flexibility in choosing an angle. For example, this Coofun folding Qi stand -- currently $17.29 from Amazon -- has a foldable design, three charging coils (meaning you can set your iPhone sideways if you prefer) and a 4.1-star average rating.

Notifications are hidden by default

Part and parcel of the Face ID issue is that you can't see notifications at a glance -- not until your face is recognized.

This is a security feature, enabled by default, and some would say it's a smart one. But it can also be incredibly annoying.

Fortunately, it's easy enough to toggle off. Just tap Settings > Notifications > Show Previews, then choose Always. Remember that after doing so, your notifications will appear with previews even when your iPhone 6 Plus LCD screen wholesale is locked.

I miss the Home button!

Could I interest you in a virtual substitute? iOS has long offered this option in the form of AssistiveTouch, but iPhone X users are really embracing it.

The feature adds an omnipresent "soft" button to your screen, one you can drag and drop just about anywhere you like: off to the side, into a corner or right near the bottom where the old Home button used to be.

Even better, it can perform different functions depending on whether you single-tap, double-tap, long-press or 3D Touch. One of those functions is a pop-up menu that can be used to quickly access even more functions (like Control Center, SOS and screenshot).

To enable it, tap Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch, then toggle it on. To customize the aforementioned pop-up menu, tap Customize Top Level Menu.

I miss my headphone jack!

wicked-audio-reach

The Wicked Audio Reach is a $25 gadget that adds Bluetooth capabilities to your favorite wired headphones.

Wicked Audio

OK, so this isn't an iPhone X-specific problem; it's also an iPhone 7($745.00 at Amazon.com) and iPhone 8 ($699.00 at Apple) problem. But if you skipped those two models and came from, say, an iPhone 6 ($320.00 at Amazon.com), the lack of jack can be jarring.

Fortunately, you don't have to give up your favorite headphones; Apple supplies a dongle that lets you plug them into the Lightning port. And because the iPhone X can charge wirelessly, using that dongle doesn't have to be at the expense of charging.

Need a place to keep that little adapter so it's always available? Check out this dongle keychain accessory. Normally I'd also recommend picking up some extra dongles in case yours goes missing, but there are few MFi-certified adapters in the current crop of clones -- most of which have very poor ratings.

There are, of course, other options, including Bluetooth audio adapters, Lightning-compatible headphones and so on. Check them out in this roundup of headphone-jack alternatives (which focuses on the iPhone 7, but definitely applies here as well).

مشخصات

تبلیغات

محل تبلیغات شما
محل تبلیغات شما محل تبلیغات شما

آخرین وبلاگ ها

برترین جستجو ها

آخرین جستجو ها

دنیای اینستاگرام بهينه سازي وب سايت آقا روح الای عزیز وبلاگ شخصی حامد موقری دانش و بینش american english file 2 نماوا کلیپ 7 بانک لینک های دانلود فیلم ، دانلود سریال و دانلود آهنگ میباشد. Rachel نوشته های یک عاشقِ مغرور مهندسی نساجی گیلان:. گیل تکس